Monday, June 22, 2009

Chrysa & Rhonda

Since starting with my company, I have been able to meet a lot of really amazing people. Whether they are clients, fellow employees, consultants or just another person from the company network, I am truly among some incredible individuals. Over the last year I have found within this incredible community two people that I would definitely consider my closest friends: Chrysa & Rhonda.


Tanya, Chrysa & Rhonda, June 2009

We have far too many stories to tell and I would have no clue where to start. We have been on a couple adventures already and have quite a “To Do List” for our next couple years planned. First and foremost we are on the Board of Directors for a project that Chrysa began in Bangladesh. We are committed to raising money and awareness of the schooling program currently in order in Dhaka, Bangladesh. We have completed the building process for the pilot school in rural Bangladesh. There are many more years of fund raising and the building process of the main school will be completed next year. For now, families for the students have already been chosen and the percentage of female students has been mandated at a minimum of 25%. This is extremely unorthodox for this country as usually women have very low levels of education, if any at all. To think of the big picture we are hoping to make a difference in the future downfall of poverty and the growth for development in Bangladesh. Time will tell and I can’t wait to see what we can get completed next. If I can convince my husband and my boss to let me take a trip there, then I am hoping to attend the grand opening with Chrysa early next year when the school is completed. Add me to your prayers!

No comments: